Below are annotations for “This is your final warning” 5 pages in Cinema Purgatorio #16
Writer: Christos Gage, Artist: Gabriel Andrade
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
General: Russian soldiers are threatening to kill Pons. The soldiers are attacked by kaiju. Pons escapes and encounters Pleshette aboard Baby.
- The cover depicts “Rock” Clark’s kaiju (a giant 4-armed horned ape-like monster) which first appeared in CP#11 P6. It does not appear in the issue.
- The man on his knees is Stan Pons.
- The location is a Russian base near Perth, Australia.
- These soldiers are speaking Russian.
- Panel 3 sets up a page-turn reveal.
Pages 2-3 – no specific annotations
- Pons is looking for knife to cut the cuffs on his hands.
- The rider is Janna Pleshette atop her kaiju ‘Baby.’