Below are annotations for “Untitled (We don’t know what’s in there)” 6 pages in Cinema Purgatorio #9
Writer: Christos Gage, Artist: Gabriel Andrade
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
General: Janna finds her husband Caleb dead. She goes to shoot the baby monster, but backs down.
Cover – no specific annotations.
- Left to right are: Stan Pons, Janna Pleshette, and Keith Dyson.
- “Caleb” is Pleshette’s lover (fiance?), featured in CP#2.
- “Evacced” is short for evacuated.
- This panel sets up a page-turn reveal.
- Looks like the last appearance of Pleshette’s fiance Caleb.
- The rightmost human is Chu.
Page 4 – no specific annotations
- In CP#2 P4,p1 it was stated that Pleshette had “studied animal husbandry” and “grew up on a farm” so it appears that her prior experiences kicked in to let her nurture the baby kaiju.
- The black square in the background reiterates Pleshette’s statement that she’s “squared away.”
- “Valdez” is likely the Marine Safety Unit Valdez, a U.S. Coast Guard facility mentioned in CP#5. It is located in Valdez, AK about a hundred miles east of Anchorage.