Annotations for “Untitled (Is There a Problem?)” 8 pages in Cinema Purgatorio #6
Writer: Kieron Gillen, Artist: Ignacio Calero
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
General: Any gamers out there interested in helping with these annotations? I feel like I am not adding much here. Fringe via her junior ultramyocyte does battle in an Abyss tournament. The five competing daemons battle each other, ultimately all dying.
- coming soon
- Left to right are Gory Spheres, unnamed gamer, Fringe, unnamed gamer, and unnamed gamer.
- This is Bloody Susan.
- This is a Junior Ultramyocyte, a sort of beginner’s Pokemon.
- First appearances of Tanky Androv, Tower Offensive, Curs’d Stabberina, and Aphidakkadakka.
- coming soon
- “Irresistible force versus the immovable object” is a cliche paradox.
- “A classic Italian headstomp!” – Refers to Mario‘s standard method of defeating enemies: jumping on top of their head.
- “useless against the behatted and bespiked head” – If Mario jumps on top of an enemy with a spiky head, he loses a life.
- “GG” is internet slang for “good game.”
- “WTF” is “what the fuck?”
- Gory Spheres is apparently the name of the gamer who was talking with Fringe.
- On the left is Tommy Zero. His mask looks similar to the announcer (see P1,p6 above) though his costume changes from time to time, so it’s unclear if/where he appeared earlier in this issue.