Annotations for “Untitled (I Think Junior Wants the Phallus Minigun)” in Cinema Purgatorio #4
Writer: Kieron Gillen, Artist: Ignacio Calero
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
- coming soon
- This is a Junior Ultramyocyte.
- Left to right are the Junior Ultramyocyte, Mister Boom, Bloody Susan and Fringe.
- Via his Tumblr, Gillen shared a deleted caption for this panel.
- “Ludocrats” is the name of a forthcoming Gillen comic to be published by Image. The title refers to “ludicrous aristocracy against the insipid forces of normalisation.” It will feature a “Prussian Steam Judge with an enormous mechanical pelvis.”
Pages 3-4 – no specific annotations
- First appearance of Scout.
- Left to right are Mere and Gnoll (first appearances) and Scout. Apparently, according to Gillen’s Tumblr, these are “cameos from analogues of games writers.”
- To the left of Bloody Susan is a coin-operated video game.
- On the right is Star Wars droid R2-D2. The whole shop is reminiscent of the droid chop-shops in Star Wars.
- Also on the right is a wooden Indian statue.
- Panels 1-9 form a fixed-camera sequence.
- These are Kirby dots.
- Anyone know Preacher by Garth Ennis? Suggest??
- This is the phallus minigun again from P1,p1 above.
- Mere is wearing a shirt that says “\m” – is this some kind of videogame mod coding? Suggest??