Annotations for “Untitled (How Can Junior Beat that?!)” inCinema Purgatorio #3
Writer: Kieron Gillen, Artist: Ignacio Calero
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
- The internal cover that appears is, perhaps mistakenly, the Modded cover image for Cinema Purgatorio #1.
- Left to right are Mister Boom, Bloody Susan, Fringe, a Junior Ultramyocyte, and a Haemo Reborner Death Trap Primed.
- Similar to a videogame, the Ultramyocyte revives the way a gamer can re-start a game over and over.
Page 3-5 – no specific annotations
- These form a fixed-camera sequence, indicating the passage of a great deal of time as Fringe’s Ultramyocyte keeps attempting to beat the HRDTP.
Page 7 – no specific annotations
- “Maso-christs” is a play on masochists.
- Bloody Susan’s belt buckle appears to be a Pokemon Ball.