Annotations for “Untitled (Time for a little fun)” 8 pages in Cinema Purgatorio #2
Writer: Kieron Gillen, Artist: Ignacio Calero
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
- Center, standing is Fringe. Laying down behind her are Bloody Susan and Mister Boom.
- The scene is more or less from the final page of this issue.
- Center is Tommy Zero.
- “Faggy little thing” continues Tommy Zero’s crew’s homophobic language – see also Purgatorio #1 P5,p2. Thanks commenter Victor Rees.
- This is Fluffbumble, who belonged to Fringe.
- “Sucks-you-bust” is a play on “succubus” – basically a female demon who seduces men.
- This panel sets up a page-turn reveal. Readers see the silouette and expect something more or less sexy, female and human-shaped. But then expectations are unmet.
- The caption is the voice of Fringe.
- Left to right are Fringe, Mister Boom (lying down) and Bloody Susan.
- “Master Racer” refers to Master Race, the Nazi myth of German racial supremacy.
- “Mod” is a video gaming term for later modifications made to change game play.
- “Consolation camp” is a play on concentration camp.
- “G1 invader” may have to do with Space Invaders (clarify?).
- coming soon
- “Habbada” sounds like “how about it?”
- “Lots you can learn with…” is gaming talk, the sort of thing an experienced player tells a newbie, offering her/him a simple character to learn the game’s basic rules.
- This panel sets up a page-turn reveal.
- “Fauxduellist” seems to be a play on duelist (or duelyst) games.
- These duels are similar to various games, such as Pokemon.
- This panel sets up a page-turn reveal, parallel to P5,p5.
- coming soon