Below are annotations for Code Pru #2 “The Past is Prulogue: Part Two” (22 pages, cover date January 2016, released 3 February 2016)
Writer: Garth Ennis, Artist: Raulo Caceres
Note: Some of this is obvious, but you never know who’s reading and what their exposure is. If there’s anything we missed or got wrong, let us know in comments.
General: Pru has a confrontation with her roommate Lisa during her grand witchcraft rite. Lisa accidentally wounds their friend Judy. Meanwhile Jon Squidpump speaks of his interest in Pru, and uses the cell supressors on the ancient god.
- The cover depicts the hand of Lisa holding her ritual knife, and Pru laughing on the couch.
- Left to right are Judy and Pru.
Page 2 – no specific annotations
- Left to right are Jon Squidpump and an elder god.
- “H.R.” is likely Human Resources.
- “F.D.N.Y” is Fire Department of New York City.
- On the right is Bridget.
- On the left is Lisa.
- An “athame” is a ceremonial knife.
Page 9 – no specific annotations
- “Here’s my number / So call me maybe” is the refrain of a 2011 pop song by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Page 11-17 – no specific annotations
- The time jumps ahead at least a week or more here.
- The “NoHo Star” is a restaurant in Lower Manhattan.
- “Your condition” is the woman assuming that Bridget is pregnant, not simply overweight.
Page 20 – no specific annotations
- “Dawkins fan” refers to the “fan” hate-mail received by evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins – view examples.
Page 22 – no specific annotations